Sunday, March 22, 2015

Iron Man UI: Almost there.... plus a new song called "Renewal"

It's been a couple weeks since I last posted anything about this project.  It's almost done.  I have a bunch of additions.  Last time I mentioned the need for one big unifying piece to help tie all the separate elements.  Here is a quick image of what that looks like:
This consists of a bulls eye element in the middle which can rotate independently from the rest of the parts.  Since there is so much other movement going on in the visualization, I elected to keep this element completely static.  To represent the music, it has a texture ring which emanates outwards exposing parts of the complete design.   The tutorial in my previous post demonstrates how to do this effect.

Finally, I added a few arcs that rise and sink around the central column.

There are a few more finishing touches like showing how this whole thing moves through space which I'll get to in my next post.

I got a bit side tracked because I had to compose a new piece of music for this animation. The piece of music is all finished and should go live later this week.  For now, you can check out a snippet of it in this video.  It's called "Renewal"



Much more awesomeness to come so stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Live Music Visuals: Galaxy v2.0 - Burning Bridges

Still working through Unity2019 and all the preview packages.  Trying to get some cool space stuff that reacts to music.  Second attempt h...