Sunday, November 12, 2017

MCYO performance December 2nd!

So I have the privilege of working with Maryland Classic Youth Orchestras (MCYO) and I will be presenting a live visualization for their performance of Wojciech Kilar's "Krzesany." In researching the origins and inspiration for this piece, I discovered that Kilar was inspired by the Tatras mountains of Poland. These mountains are gorgeous and very majestic.  They remind me of the Grand Tetons here in the United States.

I also began exploring Polish folk art and stumbled upon "Wycinanki."  This is the Polish word for 'paper-cut design.' You can learn more about this art form here at the Polish Art Center.  The multi-layered, brightly colored paper was very inspirational and I decided to leverage this art style along with the majestic Tatras mountains in my music visualization. Check out some of the works in progress below.

Finally, if you're in the Washington DC area on December 2nd, please come check out the live performance at 4:30PM  The MCYO will be performing the piece and my visualization will be reacting to their performance live and in real-time!!  The performance will be held in the beautiful Strathmore Hall.  I highly encourage everyone to come check it out.  Tickets can be purchased here:

https://www.strathmore.org/events-and-tickets/mcyo-symphonic-devotions






No comments:

Post a Comment

Live Music Visuals: Galaxy v2.0 - Burning Bridges

Still working through Unity2019 and all the preview packages.  Trying to get some cool space stuff that reacts to music.  Second attempt h...